2019 Ginseng is now calling for submissions!
If you write poetry, fiction, or creative nonfiction and reside in the Garrett County area, we are looking for you to submit your work. The deadline for submission is April 15, 2019.
1. Writers must reside in Garrett County or vicinity and be a member in good standing of the Garrett County Arts Council, Inc. If needed, membership applications are available at garrettarts.org or by contacting our office at 301-334-6580, or 108 S. Second Street, Oakland.
2. Writers may submit up to five pages of poetry (no more than one poem per page), or up to ten pages total of short stories, creative nonfiction such as memoir or essay, or short stage plays. In any case, we request that writers submitting in multiple genres not exceed the ten-page total limit. Submissions totaling beyond ten pages will not be considered by the editors. Writers with work selected to appear in the 2019 Ginseng will be notified by July 31, 2019.
3. A non-refundable $7 registration fee is due upon submission. There is no fee for current high school and college students. Send or deliver payment to GCAC at the address shown below.
4. All submissions must be previously unpublished, original works by the author. Submission conveys first publication rights to Ginseng, after which rights revert to the author.
5. By submitting entries, writers automatically agree to their work being published on-line via the Garrett County Arts Council web page or other GCAC promotions for the journal.
6. Only electronic entries will be accepted. Send e-mail entries to email@example.com Entries must be submitted as attachments to your message, formatted in MS Word or RTF (rich text formatted) documents. DO NOT include your name on your entry attachment as the submissions are evaluated anonymously. In the BODY of your e-mail message, give a brief biography and mention how you are connected to Garrett County (200 words or less). Also include author’s name, address, email and phone number and the title of work(s) submitted in the body of that Email. This process will enable us to connect you to your work and allow for your blind submission.
Send or deliver your registration fee to:
c/o Garrett County Arts Council
P.O. Box 633
108 S. Second Street
Oakland, MD 21550
Checks should be made payable to GCAC and write Ginseng on the memo line.
Writers with work selected for inclusion in the 2019 Ginseng will be notified by July 31, 2019.
QUESTIONS: Call the GCAC office at 301-334-6580 and ask for the Executive Director.
Submission Deadline: April 15, 2019