Ginseng is our literary publication showcasing the work of local, Garrett County authors. The publication includes poems, short stories, play scripts and nonfiction. Each year, writers submit their work with a non-refundable entry fee to the GCAC Literary Committee. For more information about Ginseng, please email us at email@example.com.
In addition to our Ginseng publication, the Garrett County Arts Council also hosts “Page-to-Stage” for our creative writers and the community. Page-to-Stage is a celebration of our local talent where the selected Ginseng authors are invited to read their original work to a live audience.
Ginseng 2022 Call for Submissions
If you write poetry, fiction, or creative nonfiction and reside in the Garrett County area, we are looking for you to submit your work! The deadline for submission is January 31, 2022.
1. Writers must reside in Garrett County or one of the contiguous counties, and be a member in good standing of the Garrett County Arts Council. If needed, membership applications are available at here or by contacting us at The Gallery Shop at 301-334-6580, or in-person at 108 S. Second Street, Oakland, MD.
2. Writers may submit up to five pages of poetry (no more than one poem per page), or up to ten pages total of short stories, creative nonfiction such as memoir or essay, or short stage plays. In any case, we request that writers submitting in multiple genres not exceed the tenpage total limit. Submissions totaling beyond ten pages will not be considered by the editors. Writers with work selected to appear in the 2022 Ginseng will be notified by May 1, 2022.
3. All submissions must be previously unpublished, original works by the author. Submission conveys first publication rights to Ginseng, after which rights revert to the author.
4. By submitting entries, writers automatically agree to their work being published online via the Garrett County Arts Council website or other GCAC promotions for the journal.
5. Only electronic/online entries will be accepted at https://form.jotform.com/213144486907157
6. A non-refundable, online $10 application fee is due at time of work submission.
Writers with work selected for inclusion in the 2022 Ginseng will be notified by May 1, 2022. Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional questions!